Mobility Matters is an awareness programme on road safety for seniors which is made up of a resource pack and accompanying DVD. The programme deals with the following topics of information:
- Legal Obligations
- Buying a car
- Keeping your car in good condition
- Driving Safety: knowing what is happening around you
- Safety belts and child restraints
- Medical conditions
- Medicines, driver fatigue and driving
- Healhty living and driving
- Planning for change and staying mobile
- Planning for the future
The programme is delivered over a two hour workshop. Sessions are highly interactive and activity based. A purpose built DVD has been designed to accompany the programme.
The RSA can run a training programme for trainers involved in older groups such as Active Retirement Ireland.
Participants will be expected to deliver the programme to community groups locally. Participants will receive a training pack, DVD and a certificate.
If you are interested in this training or require further information please contact Angela Teahan, Road Safety Promotion Officer, RSA at 096 25050 email firstname.lastname@example.org.