About the Network for Older People
The Network for older people work in co-operation with the Community Section of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council. Liaising also with other bodies for mutual interest, the Network has without doubt been instrumental in improving the quality of life of Older People since its inception. We work with but do not duplicate other associations and speak with a unified voice in matters of concern for older people in our area.
That said, its mission it would appear is only just beginning, given the rising demographic profile of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown as one of the oldest in the country. We wish to enhance the longevity, quality of life and care provision for the older citizens in the communities and the society of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown.
The Network from time to time brings to the notice of the Cathaoirleach, the County Councillors and Community Section the concerns of the older citizens living in the county.
We maintain and update a Directory of organizahttp://olderdlr.ie/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=pagetions who work on behalf of the older people in the county.
Are you committed to improving the quality of life of Older People in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown?
We are always open to new members. Please join us as we continue our work to change the landscape of what it means to be old and enhance the quality of life for Older People living in our County.
The Network for Older People is open to all non commercial organisations and individuals committed to improving the quality of life of older people in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County.
Set up in 2002, the updated current directory lists some 50 groups, clubs and associations affiliated to the Network , the estimated total membership is in excess of 3,000 men and women.
One of the particular strengths of the Network is the wide spectrum of social, educational and occupational backgrounds represented in its membership.
The objectives of the Network are:
- To work in co-operation with the Community Section of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council.
- To enhance the longevity, quality of life and care provision for the Older Citizens in communities and society of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown.
- To work with but not duplicate other associations and to speak with a unified voice in matters of concern for older people in our area.
- To bring to the notice of the Cathoairleach, the County Councillors and the Community Section these concerns.
- To establish a Newsletter.
- To maintain and update a directory of organisations who work on behalf of the older people in the county.
- For members to give freely their knowledge and experience and to set up sub committees where necessary.
Network for Older People