Community & Volunteer Awards 2018
Ethos and Focus of Awards
The objective of the Community & Volunteer Award is to recognise and celebrate the commitment and vibrancy of the community and voluntary sector and the value of the voluntary contribution made by community and voluntary groups to their own localities. These Awards are Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council’s way of acknowledging and congratulating the extraordinary work done in the community.
The Scheme has eight categories Arts & Culture, Community & Civic Pride, Child/Youth Development, Environment, Health & Wellbeing, Social Inclusion, Age Friendly and Volunteer Award.
Groups must fulfil the following criteria to apply:
- Groups must be registered with the PPN
- A group can be eligible ONLY under one category on the following catergories:
- Arts & Culture, Community & Civic Pride, Community/Social Enterprise, Environment, Health & Wellbeing, Social Inclusion, Age Friendly.
- An addidtional application should be submitted for the Volunteer Award – each group can nominate one volunteer only.
- Supporting documentation will be displayed in a nominated community centres on the east side and west side of the County for the local community benefit and to support the judging process. Each submission will be required to set up display on the 5th November for judging on the 6th November. Exact details will issue closer to the date. The photos, fliers, DVDs etc and submission received will be used in the Community Awards Brochure 2018 and promotional dvd displayed in the Civic Hub by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council.Adjudication Process
- The Awards will be assessed by an independent panel of judges, looking in particular for:
- Contribution and positive impact of the group to the community
- How representative the group is in their community
- Level of voluntary involvement and participation
- Use of inclusive working methods
- Future benefit to the Community Overall Winner – €3,000
- Category Award winners Arts & Culture, Community & Civic Pride, Community/Social Enterprise, Environment, Health & Wellbeing, Social Inclusion and Age Friendly:
- What will the Award Be?
- **All nominations shall be assessed on the basis of the information provided.**
- First Prize – €1,000
- Second Prize – €500
- Third Prize – €300* Commemorative piece The awards will be announced and presented at the Community & Volunteer Awards ceremony on Thursday 29th November in The Radisson Blu, St. Helen’s Hotel, Stillorgan Road, Blackrock, Co Dublin. Two delegates from all nominated groups will be invited to attend the ceremony which includes a 4 course meal.Closing DateReturn completed Forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, Townhall, Marine Road,Dún Laoghaire, Co Dublin. Padraig Hurley 0868543785 Mags Kenny 086 6097530
- Cian O’Lonargain 0877111753 Claire Barr 087 3640433
- For information and assistance, please contact your community worker:
- Community Awards, Community Section, Community and Cultural Development Department
- Closing date for receipt of nominations is Friday 28th September 2018
- Presentation of Awards
- Booklet – A booklet will be presented on the night highlighting all submissions.
- * Framed Certificate
- Volunteer of the Year Award Winner
See attached application form: